Wishing Everyone a Wonderful Holiday Season
Another year and another holiday season filled with great food, beautiful lights and endless season's greetings. Holidays are a great opportunity for all of us to take a break from crazy work schedules and spend some quality time with our loved ones. Regardless of what you do or don't celebrate, this time of year is like no other.
This holiday season may all of you...
1. Take in the magic of the season. May you slow down enough to take in the beauty of the many decorated homes, trees, stores and cities. Tune in to the holiday music, children laughing, snow falling and sleds sledding. Enjoy the unique gifts of this season.
2. Enjoy special time with your loved ones. Use this time of year to remember what really counts--relationships. Spend extra time playing with your children, holding hands with your spouse and remembering that being present is the greatest gift you can give. Give your time fully.
3. Begin to heal from current and past losses. For those who have suffered loss this year, my heart goes out to you. May you begin to find solace in your grief. Appreciate the gift that those who have passed brought to your life and treasure their soul's touch. Take time to give yourself TLC this season. Do whatever is necessary to help you carry them with you as you move forward.
4. Feel gratitude for all that you have. Take time to appreciate what you do have. If you're healthy, be thankful. If you have a loving family, squeeze them tight and appreciate them. If you have a roof over your head, money in the bank and food in your home...be thankful. Being thankful for the little things helps us to handle the bigger things. Practice gratitude.
5. Spread joy to those around you. Don't be Scrooge this season. Even if you don't celebrate a particular holiday-don't rain on everyone else's parade. Use the season to remind you of the gifts in life. Stop thinking no one should celebrate something unless everyone celebrates and instead be thankful for the reminder to take in all the things life has to offer each one of us.
6. Have a giving heart. Be kind this season. Call someone who is alone, say hello to a stranger and help out someone in need. Spread kindness and take in the joys of being the giver.
7. Give your loved ones your best self. Don't get so caught up in tasks this season that you lose sight of what's truly important. Give your family you. Unhook from work, be fully present at home and take time to take in the gift of your family/friends and loved ones. Be mindful of taking in those special moments when your child squeezes your face, you and your partner have a moment of outrageous laughter or you quietly snuggle with a loved one. Those are life's precious gifts; be sure to take them in.
The winding down of one year and the revving up of the next is a time for reflection, gratitude and hope. May all of you take in the joys and sorrows of this past year and begin to heal from any losses. May you be thankful for the gifts of life, family and friends. May you experience hope for a brighter tomorrow and inspiration to make that happen.
Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season filled with much love, laughter and inner peace.